Frank Haxton, the man behind the lens, creates for an emotional connection between the photograph and the viewer with every click of the camera. Haxton understands that the viewer’s emotional connection begins with his ability to tell a story within each photograph and delivers his client’s message to the audience. With 25 years of professional experience and 20 years of commercial and digital photography experience, Haxton’s success is due to his passion for photography.
Haxton launched his award-winning career as a portrait studio photographer in The San Francisco Bay Area. The first four years were just a basic introduction into a lifetime of learning. At 27, Haxton landed his first commercial assignment working in the press office for San Francisco Mayor Diane Feinstein. Exploring all opportunities and avenues, he found a love and passion for advertising. Haxton apprenticed for four years under Master Photographer Geoffrey Nelson and opened his first commercial studio in Mt. View, Calif. serving clients such as Sun Microsystems, Sprint Communications World Wide and Stanford University. His first year out on his own, Haxton was awarded one of three honorariums for photography and had his work showcased at the San Francisco Design Center.
Haxton moved to Reno and opened DigiMan Photography Inc, a full-service commercial advertising digital photography studio. DigiMan Photography has brought professionalism and technical proficiency to the industry making the studio a leader in the Reno-Tahoe market. Today, DigiMan Photography is a nationally recognized studio and is best known for its excellence in photo illustration.
When Haxton isn’t snapping photos for clients he is creating personal works of art. His greatest reward is showing his personal photographs in a gallery and watching as someone leans in for a closer look at one of his images. “Love it or hate it, just don’t ignore it.”
– Frank Haxton
Honors, Awards, Citations
- American Advertising Federation Special Event Chair and Founder, Art Slaves Group –
- Advertising Association of Northern Nevada Chairman of Special Events Committee
- Judges Choice Addy Award – Color Photography
- Addy Awards –Multiple Awards in Color and BxW Photography
- Certificate of Merit, Reno Addy Awards – Digital Photography
- American Design Award – Brochure Photography
- University of California Design Award – Brochure Cover Photography
- West Coast Show Award for Photography
- West Coast Show Honorees work is displayed in the Design Center of San Francisco CA.